Approval with logic example
Contract approval scenario: Have your sales personnel submit new contracts for review. All contracts will go to the manager for approval or denial, but only high-value contracts need to also be reviewed by the vice president. Here's how it works:
- 1 The salesperson completes a new contract request form.
- 2 A Notification email is immediately sent to the manager informing them a new contract request has been made.
- 3 The manager clicks on a link in the Notification email that opens a form detailing the new contract along with its value. The manager can enter comments and other information and either approve or deny the request.
- 4 If the manager denies the request, an email is sent to the salesperson informing them the contract has been denied. If the manager approves the request and its value is under $100,000, the contract is approved and the salesperson is sent a Notification email informing them of the approval. If the manager approves the request and it is over $100,000 then a Notification email is sent to the vice president informing them a new contract has been submitted for approval.
- 5 The vice president clicks on a link in the Notification email that opens a form detailing the contract specifics. The vice president can then complete the form and either approve or deny the contract request. A Notification email is then sent to the salesperson informing them of the approval or denial.