What is Stripe Integration?
Stripe integration allows users filling out your form to submit payments to you. With Stripe Integration, you can accept payments directly on your form, without forwarding users to an outside payment service.
- Pro 1 or higher Formsite account.
- Stripe account.
Formsite's Stripe Settings
Your form's Stripe settings are controlled on your form's "Form Settings->Payments" page. In order to enable Stripe integration for your form, it must have at least one order form (Pricing) item.
Setup Stripe Integration by following these steps once you have your Stripe account:
- You will need your Stripe API keys. If you do not already have this information, log into your Stripe account. Go to the "Account Settings->API Keys" page. Note the Secret Key and Publishable Key.
- Log into your Formsite account and go to your form's "Form Settings->Payments" page.
- Select Stripe payment integration and enter your Stripe API keys from above.
- Enter the remaining information to further customize your Stripe integration.
Use the "Remember Me" option to allow Stripe to offer to remember the customer's payment information for future payments.
Settings specific to Stripe are controlled from within your Stripe account.
Viewing Stripe Results
Once Stripe integration has been enabled for your form, you can view the status of a result's Stripe transaction by using the "Results->Results Table" page. Each result row will have a "History" link for more information and one of the following status icons:
|The payment was successful.|
|The payment was successful, but additional information is also available, such as a refund or duplicate order. The order also may have been updated, changing the total amount.|
|The payment has not yet completed or your account is not set up correctly.|
|The payment attempt failed.|
NOTE: Your Stripe account is the final record of all payments and refunds. There should not be a discrepancy between Stripe and Formsite, but in the event that this situation arises, Stripe takes precedence over Formsite.
Stripe Error Messages
- "We can't communicate with our payment processor because the API key is invalid. Please contact the website owner or firstname.lastname@example.org."
Your Publishable Key is incorrect.
- "Invalid API Key provided: pk_live_************************"
Your Secret Key is incorrect.
When any payment integration is enabled, you can also set the Conditional Logic in your Notifications to send either before the user pays ("Before Payment") or only after a successful payment ("After Successful Payment").
The integration will add a metadata field named "reference_number" to each charge. This field will contain your form result's Reference Number.