Server Post Integration
What is Server Post Integration?
Server Post Integration allows responses from your form to be sent to a third-party server.
In order to use this integration, you must have a Formsite account at the Pro 1 or higher service level. Use the instructions below to integrate your form with a third-party server.
Formsite's Server Post Settings
Your form's Server Post settings are controlled on the "Form Settings->Integrations->Server Post" page.
- Log into your Formsite account and go to your form's "Form Settings->Integrations->Server Post" page.
- Enter the URL of your server. This should be the full URL, including the http/https prefix.
- Select the Message Format. This is the format the results will sent in. "Name-Value Pairs" is the standard HTTP parameters format, but you can alternately choose XML or one of our Comma-Separated (CSV) formats, depending on what your server application requires.
- Enabling the "Use Server Response as Success Page" setting will cause your server's response to be displayed in place of your form's regular Success Page. The response is handled as HTML.
- Use the Additional Parameters setting to pass other parameters to your server. These should be in the Name=Value format, and will be appended to the message body during the POST request.
- Select the Results View, Results Filter, and Results Labels that should be applied to results when posting them to your server. Only those responses allowed by the Results View and Filter will have their results sent.
Collecting Server Post Results
Once Server Post Integration has been completed, your form is ready to accept results. When a visitor fills out your form, their responses will be sent to the URL of your server when the visitor submits the last page and the result enters the "Completed" status.
When editing a result from the "Results->Results Table" page, or when using the Save & Return feature, the updated results will automatically be sent to your server.
Results for form items will closely resemble the naming conventions specified by Formsite's API at the "Form Settings->Integrations->API" page. You can modify the names of the item parameters by using Results Labels. The basic format for different item types when using the Name-Value Pairs format is:
If the Server Post fails, the result will enter the "Failed" status, and the visitor will be shown an error page. You can see results' statuses on the "Results->Results Table" page.
To see how your server is responding, turn on the "Use Server Response as Success Page" setting. Make sure your server is not responding with an error message.
Server Post Integration uses the HTTP POST method and results will be sent in the request's Content section, encoded based upon the selected Message Format.
The Additional Parameter(s) option is only available for the Name-Value Pairs format.
If a result is not sent due to a Results Filter, the default Success Page will be shown regardless of the "Use Server Response as Success Page" setting's value.