Some online forms need a signature, such as contracts, application forms, and approvals. The form captures the signature through a mouse or touch-enabled device and saves it as an image. Formsite’s Signature item allows forms at all account levels to collect signatures on their online forms and surveys.
Signatures appear as links in the form's Results Table like other images. Clicking the link to the image in the Results Table opens the image for viewing. Signature images share some similarities and differences with files uploaded to the form:
- Both appear as links in the Results Table
- Images and Signatures display as inline images in the Table format. This is the default format for viewing individual results, Notifications, and PDFs.
- Mapped and displayed with custom PDFs and Workflows
- Cannot delete them from the Results Table like uploaded files
- Signatures do not get sent through the file integrations